The NFL Draft is one of my favorite “non-sports” sports events of the year. As a diehard football fan, and a Patriots fan, I love to see what Belichick does over the Draft weekend, and where the best college football players get to call home for the next couple of years. But like most events, the NFL Draft can go from a casual event with your buddies to a party with the introduction of the NFL Draft Drinking Game.
Before I continue, I’m pretty sure legally I have to state that just as with any drinking game, it’s important to drink responsibly, don’t drink & drive, and be over the age of 21.
The NFL Drinking Game is simple, and starts with a great group of participants and a cooler full of beer. As I don’t have an official beer sponsor, I won’t suggest any specific brands, but since this is a volume drinking game, I recommend something light so that it doesn’t fill you up. Once your group, you have to determine your order. Simplest way, write everyone’s name down on individual pieces of paper and draw them out in order.
Now that the process has been outlined, let’s get to the fun part…the Drinking Components. When it’s your turn to pick, here are the options on the table. You have a choice to make, and if you are right you can to tell others to drink, and if you get it wrong….well drink up.
- Predict the actual player drafted = Drink or Assign # of Drinks Associated with the number of the pick. Ex. Whomever has the #1 Pick, they predict the Jaguars select Trevor Lawrence. If they are correct (they will be), they’ll be able to assign 1 Drink to whomever they choose.
- Predict the Conference The Player Played In = Drink or Assign 3 Drinks. Ex. If you have the #5 pick, and you select SEC, and the Bengals select DeVonta Smith from Alabama, the person choosing can assign 3 drinks to whomever you’d like.
- Predict the Position the Player Selected Played = Drink or Assign 5 Drinks. Ex. If you have the #5 pick, and you select WR, and the Bengals select DeVonta Smith (WR from Alabama), the person choosing can assign 5 drinks to whomever you’d like.
And since the NFL Draft is always unpredictable (I’m looking at you Belichick), we’ve got to plan for some craziness.
- If there is a trade, everyone drinks!
- NBA Jam Rules: If you get three picks correct in a row, you get to keep picking until you get a pick incorrect
And that’s it, the NFL Draft Drinking Game as simple as it is fun.