During my year off from writing, my mind was constantly seeing opportunities to write some great blogs. And even though the full blog itself never made it to paper, the topic still lives in my notebook. So without further ado, here are the blogs that I wish I would have written about and a brief overview about why I wanted to write it.
- “Why we hate Lebron” – The answer, because we all know he could be trying harder. He’s one of the most talented players in the world, but we watch him job up the court, or give a half ass effort on defense.
- “Survivor vs The Challenge” – Interesting in hindsight because they recently brought those worlds together but I was going to write about the challenges themselves and why I enjoy the MTV version so much more.
- “What Are My Baseball Cards Worth- The 4-6 Week Process” – This was about the ridiculous process to submit cards to PSA to get your cards graded. You (and by you I mean me) think you have perfect 10’s only to get a 7 back.
- “The Sun Is Setting In Phoenix” – Again, in hindsight would have been an interesting topic. I was going to write about their playoff chances last season but wow has that discussion shifted. Cliché title I know, but very accurate.
- I just wrote “Kentucky Derby”, it was either going to be about Horses or Mint Julips.
- “Why The WWE is stuck in the Past” – Again, enough time has gone by that this story would have corrected itself….with the help of some now public NDA’s. The plan was to write about how Vince McMahon (that creep) just rehashing old story lines and refused to give the next generation of wrestlers time to shine.
- “So You Are Going On Survivor” – Not that I know anything about the outdoors or how to survive on an Island, but the focus was going to be on how I would prepare for a month on a deserted island.
- “Not Right Now My Throat Hurts” – Get you mind out of the gutter, this is about when I met Michael Jordan and he refused to sign an autograph for me why I was in 4th grade.
- “Philip Rivers the Hall of Famer” – Your damn right I think he’s a Hall of Famer, and I hate the chargers.
- “How to Pay College Athletes” – The horse is already out of the barn, but in hindsight I think college athletics would have figured out another way to pay their athletes.
- I just wrote “The Circle” – I never even finished the most recent season so lord only knows what I was planning on writing about.
- “Kevin Durant, the Karen of the NBA” – I’m not sure when I made this note, pretty sure it was from before his trade demand, but the concept was how he has become a complainer about the NBA. Turns out I was right.
Those are the ones worth sharing, who knows, maybe I’ll actually write some, especially now that the NBA season is back and we are in the midst of all 4 major sports getting up and running.